Stampavie challenge #17 - Create a little scene

Ooooo - My first Stampavie challenge! I only discovered this challenge the other day and it was too late to join in for their #16 challenge which was a fabulous sketch, but as expected, the next day, the new challenge was up!

The new challenge for this fortnight it is to "Create a little scene" - something I've been dabbling with since I saw the work of Kittie Caracciolo on Split Coast Stampers - she is AMAZING and I was very excited to learn that she was on the design team for Stampavie. Oh wow - I was in a bit of a rush to get started on this and thankfully, my little boys decided to have long naps this afternoon so I could get stuck in...

My card features a Sarah Kay stamp (I have loved these images since I was a little girl and as soon as I found they existed in stamps I just had to have one) and the scene was created by using a Stampin Up! set, Watercolour minis and the tree is a Magnolia stamp. I used an aqua painter and inks for the colouring and the image is stamped on watercolour paper. I used a gold gel pen around the flowers to liven them up a bit.

I have finally found somewhere in my house to put my cards to take decent photographs and this picture actually shows the pearlescent lavendar card that I used for the main base. The little heart buckle is new and I've been itching to use these as well!

So overall, I've managed to get a few things out of my system in this card! Yea!



Comments

  1. What a beautiful card! Great job with the scene. I love Sarah Kay images too.

    I have also struggled finding a place to take photos of my cards, and have finally settled on taking them on the stove with a fake fur cloth underneath.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so love the scene you created. Looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi! I'd love to hear what you think of my creations. Please leave a comment or ask any questions.